Friday, August 21, 2015

House damaged after boulders tumble down Kalyan’s Netivli hill:Hindustan Times

KALYAN : Loose boulders in the landslide-prone Netivli hills rolled down and damaged a house on Thursday afternoon.
No injuries were reported as no one was at home at the time of the incident.
The damage, too, was limited to one house at the foot of the hill, where Ram Krishna Shinde, 40, and his family stay.
“My children were at school, my wife had gone out and I was at work. When I came home, I saw a large stone had fallen on my house,” Shinde said.
The Netivli hill in area in Kalyan (East) becomes a landslide hot spot during the monsoon. It is home to thousands of people, but the Kalyan-Dombivli Municipal Corporation (KDMC) is yet to put in place measures to prevent casualties in case of a severe landslide.
KDMC Commissioner E Ravindran said the location will studied to ensure the residents there are safe. “We will build a retaining wall at the hill, but first we need to understand the issues,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment